The Clinical Psychologist will be an essential member of our team at the 17th MDG at Goodfellow Air Force Base. In this position, you will be responsible for implementing evidence-based treatment modalities to address a variety of mental health issues. As a Clinical Psychologist, you will conduct independent assessments of patients and their family members' psychosocial functioning and needs, followed by the formulation and implementation of appropriate treatment plans.
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD).
Education: Graduate from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
Experience: Have a minimum of one year experience as a licensed clinical psychologist.
Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.
· Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, as appropriate.
· Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
· Provide psychological treatment for individuals and groups; help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries.
· Assist in the rehabilitation of patients.
· Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board, American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and MTF privileges.