Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Family Therapist provides
clinic and school based behavioral health services to children, adolescents
and their families.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Screens new referrals. Ensures that all required documentation is
completed and in order prior to scheduled Behavioral Health
Assessments. Completes Behavioral Health Assessments, Client
Plans, Progress Notes and Discharge Summaries in a timely manner.
Requests additional sessions when needed via Utilization Monitoring
process. Completes Discharge Summaries.
• Provides culturally appropriate evidence based individual, family and
group psychotherapy with children, adolescents and their families,
utilizing a brief treatment model. Provides home visits, crisis
intervention and collateral sessions.
• Complies with County of San Diego Health and Human Services
Agency Quality Improvement Documentation requirements utilizing
CernerWorks in documentation of services rendered via the
electronic medical record.
• Coordination and collaboration of services with Case Managers,
Substance Abuse Counselor, Psychiatrist, Primary Care Providers,
School staff, Therapeutic Behavioral Services, Families Forward, etc.
• Manages individual cases and refers, when appropriate, to other
ancillary medical departments or community agencies.
• Provides school based EPSDT/MHSA behavioral health services;
collaboration with designated school sites.
• Meets productivity standard on a monthly basis.
• Provides follow-up phone calls and case management on an on-going basis.
• Provides 24/7 coverage for emergency telephone consultation to
patients and families, who receive services through (FSP) Full
Service Partnership program, and are experiencing a mental health
emergency, or mental health crisis, after clinic hours.
Other duties and requirements as needed